KDE Frameworks & Plasma 5.8 LTS

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Mon Oct 24 18:23:47 UTC 2016

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Martin Steigerwald
<martin at lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Hi Dominik.
>
> Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016, 12:14:51 CEST schrieb Dominik Haumann:
>> at the Frameworks BoF, the idea was raised to provide updates for the
>> KDE Frameworks 5.26 release, since this is the one that also is
>> typically shipped with the KDE Plasma 5.8 LTS version (at least, that
>> was the argument).
>>
>> Do we follow up on this?
>
> If you want to gather feedback what current distros use, it may make sense to
> also ask on distributions mailing list. I just found your mail as I monitor
> kde-frameworks-ml to some extent.
>
> If its just internal… and you do not intend to gather feedback from distros…
> please disregard my mail.

Actually it's not internal. In fact, I think we can only have a KF
5.26 if distros actively take over part of the maintainership, since
most developers work and test against newest KF version.

But would be nice to gather some infos here as well.

Greetings
Dominik