KDE Frameworks & Plasma 5.8 LTS

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Oct 24 11:47:46 UTC 2016

> 2. We provide KF 5.26.1

This would mean that we should also provide 5.27.1 (and .2, .3) for the
distros that use KF 5.27 with the LTS release.

I'd love to have distros to **properly update KF** during the 5.8 LTS life,
but if we can not get them to do so, I agree that we need to find an
alternative.

Keeping a list of bug-fix patches is one option, but we would need to keep
the list for each future release of KF which might be problematic. But,
if we had a common place to put them, it might be an OK option.

The same would go for the point releases. It would require some additional
work to tag the point releases in Git.

I think the list of patches might be easier to pull off -- we would not
need to provide releases for all frameworks -- just for those that need
to be updated. This way, the distros would know which ones need updating
at all.

Cheers,
Ivan

--

KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://cukic.co/
gpg key fingerprint: 8FE4 D32F 7061 EA9C 8232  07AE 01C6 CE2B FF04 1C12