Scrap Baloo Thread Feedback

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Oct 7 16:27:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

>> I don't understand why all framework discussions must happen on the
>> same list. It just adds to a crazy amount of noise, which one then
>> needs to parse through.
>
> Arguing that it should be elsewhere because you'd like to ignore the
> rest of the traffic in kde-frameworks doesn't sound very constructive,
> especially considering how they're the "noise" that actually improves
> the frameworks.
>
> Maybe you can better configure your e-mail client differently so we
> can focus on the issue at matter?

This is not about how it should be. I'm informing them why it was
chosen to be somewhere else. This decision can be changed.

Frameworks collectively may or may not improve by having everything in
one place. Lets not treat it as a axiom.

An analogy could be that we get commit emails, but we get to choose
which projects we are interested in. We don't make everyone subscribe
to kde-commits, and then put their own complex filters on top.

--
Vishesh Handa