Scrap Baloo Thread Feedback

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Oct 7 16:17:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at absint.com> wrote:

>> I don't understand why all framework discussions must happen on the
>> same list. It just adds to a crazy amount of noise, which one then
>> needs to parse through.
>
> If you would have baloo-devel I could understand that point,
> but not with some other generic mailing list like kde-devel which
> has the same amount of noise and is not even dedicated to 'frameworks'
> or 'baloo'.

If you guys plans to use frameworks devel, then please change the
review requests.

It was just too much noise for me, and I found the noise/signal ratio
way lower in kde-devel. Baloo-devel was specifically not chosen as it
would just an another silo in kde. Nepomuk used to suffer from that.

--
Vishesh Handa