Scrap baloo?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Sat Oct 1 08:43:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

>> > Questions:
>> >
>> > Tracker doesn't look at xattrs at all.
>> >
>> > At which point we would need to think about migration.
>> >
>> > This is possibly solvable with a patch in tracker. The tracker maintainer
>> > (in 2014) sounds like he would be in support of it:
>> https://mail.gnome.org/
>> > archives/tracker-list/2014-September/msg00045.html
>> > and there is a writeback module in tracker.
>> A one way migration would be to write a tracker "miner" (if don't use the
>> wrong word)
>> and move the tags into the tracker tag db, or what you cite above.
>>

> Have you tried using tags in tracker?
> Using tracker-needle, and adding a tag I get:
>
> Could not update tags
> GDBus.Error.freedesktop.Track1.Sparql.Internal no such column:
> nie:DataObject1.ID
>
> Even after wiping the database.
>
> Same for using "tracker tag -a"
>
> Am I missing a package?
Thats a very good question ;=)
On my opensuse machines it works, e.g. you can tag stuff in gnome or via that
command line, on my archlinux Mac I get exactly the same error and can
only query tags but not create some. I still need to figure out why.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com