[Differential] [Commented On] D2854: New: ECMAddQCH, for generating qch & doxygen tag files

kossebau (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 24 19:02:14 UTC 2016

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2854#64179, @shumski wrote:

  > > a) recommended install path for qch and tag files?
  >
  > At least when  KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS is TRUE, one could use QT_INSTALL_DOCS (via ECMQueryQmake) var.

  Good proposal, I think I should go for that for now.
  Because installing to QT_INSTALL_DOCS would solve the issue of discoverability, as e.g. Qt Assistant automatically picks up QCH files added there. IMHO if someone installs a package with a QCH file (especially for a Qt-based lib), it should be automatically included by the doc viewers and not need the user to also manually having to add it manually by searching the file in the system folders frst  (so opt-out instead of opt-in).

EMAIL PREFERENCES