[KUnitConversion] Question about overloading operators

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 12:45:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Ander Pijoan <ander.pijoan at deusto.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all sorry if this email should be in another list.
>
> I have a small question about summing, subtracting, multiplying... Values.
> I see that the operators have not been overloaded. Should we extend the
> Value class and overload them or there is a more straightforward way of
> operating with Values?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Ander,
It's certainly tempting, I'm not sure how good it would work. Do you
have some kind of proof of concept?
It's something that sounds obviously good, but we need to make sure
doesn't become a mess. Knowing what's the problems we'd find could be
a good first approach.
Also what's your use-case? :)

Aleix