LGPL for Breeze QStyle and qtquickcontrols?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon May 23 07:38:05 UTC 2016

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:22:28 AM CEST Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> So we, in KDE, lack LGPL style code for our de-facto official look and feel.

This is the crucial point. Breeze is not the de-facto official look and feel of
KDE. It's the look and feel of Plasma. Applications shouldn't use it.
Applications of course can use it as much as they want. Nobody is going to
forbid it. But the fact that they use it, doesn't make it the de-facto official
look and feel and doesn't mean that we have to licence the style as LGPL.

I stay where I am: I am not agreeing to having my code in Breeze (and Oxygen)
being relicensed to LGPL. I don't see a need for it, I think GPL is the right
choice for that code.

Cheers
Martin