KConfig compiler. GenerateProperties and Mutable.

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:02:45 UTC 2016

Hi Aleix,

I'm sorry for late reply. I was trying to compile KStars for Android and
struggled a bit with compiling KF5.

   1. I don't know whether this is a problem or a feature - When I compile
   my app for Android and use KConfig compiled for Android the ARM version
   of kconfig_compiler is executed to build options class. I had to change
   kconfig_compiler executable compiled for Android with the one compiled
   for my system to build options class. Can I somehow specify to CMake
   that I need kconfig_compiler built for my system, not Android and at the
   same time use Android version of KConfig?
   2. I found that mSettingsChanged is included only in kconfig/autotests/
   kconfig_compiler/test_signal.h.ref but there is no mention of it in
   kconfig_compiler.cpp. Could you please tell me what can be the reason
   why val on kconfig_complier.cpp:2061 is 0?
   3. Some of KF5 modules can be compiled using the script provided by KDE
   but unfortunately it doesn't support KIO. I saw from your blog posts
   that you have experience with building for Android. Could you please point
   me where should I start building KIO for Android?

Regards,

Artem Fedoskin