Can we have a headersclean check for frameworks?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

Qt has a headersclean utility which runs each header through the compiler on
its own. That verifies that it doesn't cause certain warnings, can compile
in the presence of certain Qt defines, and includes or forward declares
everything it should.

We don't have such a thing in KF5, but as shown by

 https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kconfigwidgets.git&a=commitdiff&h=2900814b

we would benefit from it.

Does anyone want to try to implement it (or borrow the Qt implementation)
and integrate it?

We can probably add it to ECM and run it as part of the build of frameworks.

Thanks,

Steve.