Jenkins-kde-ci (many CI failures)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat May 7 14:44:38 UTC 2016

kdewebkit just failed with "Broken pipe" (the TCP error you mentionned)
(and kxmlrpcclient failed again with an anongit error). This is like playing wack-a-mole...

I thought TCP was more robust than that. Would it help to increase some
TCP-related timeout somewhere?

On Saturday 07 May 2016 23:51:43 Ben Cooksley wrote:

> We're exposing some flaws that were previously hidden by the fact we
> only did a maximum of 3 builds at a time and for a while there, less
> than that.
> Now we do quite a few more (up to 9 at a time I think)

Maybe we should lower this again then.

anongit could be taught to whitelist CI nodes to not ever treat their requests as a
DoS attack, too.

I think we also build stuff more often because nowadays when committing to
kcoreaddons, all frameworks depending on kcoreaddons get rebuilt, IIRC this
didn't use to happen. It's a good feature, but not if it creates too many false failures.

A CI that has spurious failures 10 times a day only teaches people to "ignore CI noise" :(
I'd rather see it slow and reliable, than fast and unreliable.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5