Qt 5.6/QtWebkit (got it, now to build it)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:04:38 UTC 2016

Antonio Rojas wrote:

> Besides generating headers with syncqt.pl, you need to backport a patch to
> fix linking to pthread

Yeah, that's on Linux, though I got the impression not everyone had to apply the
patch.

I'm homing in on whatever issue it is that causes my standalone build to fail
when I do it via my build/packaging scripts and not manually from the shell.
It's very weird really, because the build works fine through those scripts when I
set up qtwebkit to build as part of the monolithic build as I always used to do.
The trick to that is to use the sources from git, not the "official" release
tarball.

Oh, and if there's a .git directory in an in-tree build, qmake will invoke
syncqt for you.

R.