Qt 5.6/QtWebkit

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:00:29 UTC 2016

On Friday March 18 2016 17:39:18 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > If so it seems it should have been possible to reimplement QtWebKit using a
> > similar approach with probably far fewer API changes.
>
> Which WebKit implementation would you have chosen? The GTK one?

Huh??
Upstream WebKit is probably just as GUI-agnostic as the Chromium library, right? What I meant was that in that case, it could have been an alternative to write a similar "more or less thin wrapper" on top/around WebKit, rather than move to a completely different API.

> > Not that that matters now ... for those of us who are on (readily) supported
> > platforms.
>
> Yes, this is a waste of time.

At this point that is probably true, regardless of the comparative merits of WebKit vs. Chromium.

R.