Qt 5.6/QtWebkit

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:54:58 UTC 2016

David Edmundson wrote:

> There was a thread "Policy regarding QtWebKit and QtScript" on
> kde-core-devel a while ago.
> http://kde.6490.n7.nabble.com/Policy-regarding-QtWebKit-and-QtScript-td1619988.html

What I'm missing (as in not getting) in that discussion is the whole thing about
(Qt)WebKit upstream.

IIUC, WebKit was developed by Apple based on KHtml, and AFAIK WebKit is still
the basis for their Safari browser, and the sources are still available (e.g.
http://opensource.apple.com/release/os-x-10112/).

Do I have to deduce that QtWebKit isn't "just" a Qt interface to WebKit,
maintained by the Qt Comp - because it is I don't see how security updates could
have stopped?

R.