qmlplugindump org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0 dysfunctional

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:32:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

Building the latest Purpose git/master I just discovered this (applies to OS X and Linux):

%> /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmlplugindump org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QGuiApplication(0x7ffdd69c20c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x258f260), current thread is QThread(0x259a9e0)
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QGuiApplication(0x7ffdd69c20c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x258f260), current thread is QThread(0x259a9e0)
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is QGuiApplication(0x7ffdd69c20c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x258f260), current thread is QThread(0x259a9e0)
QWidget: Cannot create a QWidget without QApplication
Abort (core dumped)

which results from doing `qmlplugindump org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons 2.0` in a CMake file.

Does this mean something is wrong on my system, or is this because I'm still using the 5.22.0 frameworks?

Cheers,
R.