[kio] : khelpcenter no longer works on OS X

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 2 09:16:02 UTC 2016

Il 02 giugno 2016 10:58:43 CEST, David Faure <faure at kde.org> ha scritto:
>On jeudi 2 juin 2016 10:54:50 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> Oh? Yet they're installed in the same location (share/doc/HTML/en),
>at least
>> they are on my OS X set-up.
>
>We both use an install prefix for the KF5-based code which is different
>from
>the kde4 install prefix. So how can kde4-khelpcenter find the docs
>which are in
>the kf5 install prefix? I assume it uses $KDEDIRS, which doesn't
>contain my kf5
>install prefix.

If they are installed in the same prefix, as some distributions do, AND you have kdelibs4support which provides the old DTD, kio_help should find them.

Debian and Kubuntu use a different prefix but there is a patch that I don't like which searches also in the other patch.
The proper solution is a cmake to set custom search paths, which would help a future migration to /usr/share/help, but I couldn't work on it yet.

Ciao

--
Luigi