[kio] : khelpcenter no longer works on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:54:50 UTC 2016

On Thursday June 02 2016 10:25:36 David Faure wrote:

>* Add qDebug() statements, watch output in the terminal where you start
>kdeinit5.

Right, the old fashioned way :)

>* If you prefer gdb,
>https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/Debugging_IOSlaves

Well, determining a code path is a bit easier in a source level debugger.

The attaching recipe can be adapted to lldb and it should even be possible to attach to a running process from Qt Creator's debugging facility, to get some minimal support for examining Qt objects in a meaningful way.

>> Heh, and I guess the kde4 version cannot display the KF5 documentation, for
>> some reason?
>
>It wouldn't even know where to find it.

Oh? Yet they're installed in the same location (share/doc/HTML/en), at least they are on my OS X set-up. Filenames are mostly the same too. Yet I find that khelpcenter5 can (could...) serve me KDE4 documentation, but khelpcenter4 won't do that with KF5 documentation.

R.