QIcon::fromTheme() does not load scalable icons

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Tue Jul 12 13:47:16 UTC 2016

Hello

For some time I was debugging why TeXstudio didn't have an icon in the
task manager. After comparing, the only difference with working apps was
that TeXStudio has only an icon in

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/texstudio.svg

but not in

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/texstudio.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/..x../apps/texstudio.png

Exporting a png icon and copy pasting it at theses missing places
corrected the issue.

*Now the question*

Is it a bug from Qt or KDE? Or does the upstream dev or packager
generate and ship the png files? The latter seems stupid as it makes a
lot of redundancy.

Can you point me to the right place where to open the bug?

Thank you

Olivier

--
Olivier CHURLAUD
Engineer Student at Ecole Centrale de Lyon
@: olivier at churlaud.com
tel: +49 (0)1575-2931348
in:  http://linkedin.com/in/olivierchurlaud
web: http://olivier.churlaud.com