Finding kdesu binary

Andrius Štikonas andrius at stikonas.eu
Fri Jan 29 16:03:40 UTC 2016

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Andrius Štikonas <andrius at stikonas.eu> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to ask how do I find kdesu binary from the code (of partitionmanager).
> >
> > PartitionManager tries to restart itself with root privileges and tries to rerun itself with kdesu, kdesudo or gksu...
> > However, KF5 based kdesu is now in libexec, something like
> > /usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/kdesu
> > but it varies from distribution to distribution and not in $PATH.
> >
> > Is there a way to find the location in the cross-platform way? There is kf5-config --path libexec but it is from kdelibs4support
> > and it's better not to depend on kdelibs4support.
>
> If I understand correctly, you should use the KSu framework for that.
> kdesu is not public API, that's why it's in libexec.
>
> Aleix

Hmm, but KSu framework does not have any GUI. And it is only used by
kdesu binary itself and krunner_shell library.

I would basically have to reimplement kdesu password dialog. Isn't this a bit inefficient?
Especially, when kdesu dialog is already shown automatically if partitionmanager
is launched from menu.

Andrius