Finding kdesu binary

Andrius Štikonas andrius at stikonas.eu
Fri Jan 29 14:33:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask how do I find kdesu binary from the code (of partitionmanager).

PartitionManager tries to restart itself with root privileges and tries to rerun itself with kdesu, kdesudo or gksu...
However, KF5 based kdesu is now in libexec, something like
/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/kdesu
but it varies from distribution to distribution and not in $PATH.

Is there a way to find the location in the cross-platform way? There is kf5-config --path libexec but it is from kdelibs4support
and it's better not to depend on kdelibs4support.

Kind regards,
Andrius