KCoreAddons qml plugins

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jan 28 07:32:28 UTC 2016

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:11:38 AM CET David Faure wrote:
> I honestly don't see the problem with having this in KDeclarative, but maybe
> I'm missing a good reason for splitting such qml plugins into a separate
> framework. Or maybe there's no point in doing that either.

The problem is that kdeclarative is starting to become the new "KDELibs". It
gets dependencies on everything. It's going the opposite way of the
modularization of kdelibs. If one wants to use KI18n from declarative side one
also gets e.g. a build dependency on KIO.

But I also agree with you that putting the bindings into KCoreAddons is also
the wrong way to go.

Cheers
Martin