Deadlock in kded whith Qt 5.6

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 07:59:31 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 20 January 2016 08:55:17 David Faure wrote:
> Doesn't seem to support service autostart + module autoload together.

> but if I kill kded5 again and do this right away:
> $ qdbus org.kde.kcookiejar5  /modules/kcookiejar
> then it doesn't work: kded5 gets started, but the call gets this reply
> Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject
> No such object path '/modules/kcookiejar'
>

> The messageFilter doesn't run at all, when doing autostart+autoload
> together.

I need a little more debugging. The limited debugging I did here shows that
the spy hooks do get called and in the right (main) thread. And since the
hooks are processed before the main dispatcher queue, it shouldn't affect the
previous code.

Can you run with QDBUS_DEBUG=1 and tell me the messages it prints?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358