kconfig question

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 15 08:46:00 UTC 2016

I noticed that krita on windows wrote its kritarc to Roaming\local\ or Local\local instead of Roaming\krita\kritarc, and I was wondering why that was. I now think it's because KConfig's default is to write to GenericConfigLocation instead of ConfigLocation.

Is that really intended to be the default for kconfig? I guess it's wrong for pretty much 100% of applications that use kconfig, because pretty much every application should write its config to ConfigLocation instead.

There are a couple of hundred places in Krita where a config object is retrieved and before I start adapting all those by adding two extra parameter (or writing a wrapper around kconfig, or something else...) I'd like to know why GenericConfigLocation is the default :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org