qml file install location

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:08:24 UTC 2016

Hello,

How do KF5 framework, application etc. projects determine the install location for their qml files?

I see that KDeclarative itself already refers to 2 CMake variables to define that location, KDE_INSTALL_QMLDIR and QML_INSTALL_DIR, neither of which appears to be set anywhere that I can find. It certainly doesn't appear that they are initialised from what qmake returns:

QT_INSTALL_QML:/opt/local/share/qt5/qml

Do I have to set this variable in my CMake formula and if so, should I set both or is one initialised from the other in code I missed somewhere?

Is there a reason why this location isn't determined from qmake or (possibly) one of Qt's .cmake files? I'm not familiar enough with qml to know if the same scripts can run in Qt4 and Qt5 but I wouldn't think that's possible?

Thanks,
René