libkonq release? I'm missing the favicons interface

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Feb 17 03:32:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> I'm curious though, what's the use case for a large favicon? In KDE4 the
> only
> time I see this is when using Alt+Tab and with konqueror windows open (and
> that
> looks a bit weird because other apps have a much bigger icon than konq's,
> but
> that's an unrelated issue I guess). I guess your app has another use for
> large
> icons with a favicon, I'm just curious what it is, and whether the
> text-html icon
> as the main icon is the best icon to have. This is an opportunity to
> rethink this
> if we want to ;)

Tellico searches a number of API end points, including some like SRU or
z39.50 that could be any server at all. Many are also http servers and
provide a favicon. In the configuration dialog for those sources, I chose
to put a 64x64 icon next to all the specific data options and the favicon
overlay fits the bill. I agree - it's an odd case, and as for whether
text/html is the best icon, well, probably better than any other option.

Robby