FileManager1 wrapper in KIO/KRun (re-sent)

kde at privat.broulik.de kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat Feb 6 12:36:25 UTC 2016

> What's your plan for the implementation btw? Make dbus call (which
> might autostart the service), and if that fails...
> KRun::runUrl(directoryUrl, "inode/directory"), I guess?

Yes, basically.

> What do you think about a KIO::OpenFileManagerWindowJob : public KJob,
> encapsulating an async dbus call?

While I personally am not a huge fan of KJob-based APIs I think this is
the best way to go. Doing a blocking DBus call is a huge no-no,
especially for new library code.

On Windows I could use SHOpenFolderAndSelectItems and on OSX NSWorkspace
activateFileViewerSelectingURLs.

I'll have a look, thanks!

Cheers,
Kai Uwe