[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D3689: [runtime] Introduce a KGLOBALACCEL_TEST_MODE env variable

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 15 17:39:13 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added a reviewer: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The idea behind the env variable is to put kgloabalacceld into test mode
  and let it operate on a in-memory KConfig instead of the normal rc file.

  From auto tests in KWin we know that the
  QStandardPath::setTestModeEnabled is not sufficient. If there are
  multiple tests interacting with kglobalaccel they interact with each
  other in ways we normally don't want.

  With this env variable we could get KWin to have an in-memory kconfig
  and support better testing of the global shortcuts. We can adjust the
  shortcuts without having side effects on other tests.

BRANCH
  kglobalaccel-test-mode

AFFECTED FILES
  src/runtime/globalshortcutsregistry.cpp