[Differential] [Commented On] D2545: Cleanup KSharedUiServerProxy before qApp exists

thiago (Thiago Macieira) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 3 17:32:16 UTC 2016

thiago added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2545#66545, @kfunk wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2545#65976, @dfaure wrote:
  >
  > > Actually, I think Thiago's still waiting for a backtrace of all threads.
  >

  > I think I've already said this via other channels: There's only one thread left at this point.

  That's troubling. That means the QDBusConnectionManager thread has exited but the QDBusConnectionPrivate object still exists. That is refcounted and deletes itself, though QDBusServicesWatcher is not the reason for refcounting.

  Commit ad66dbe305cff72443f4d3484191872d56e6dfbb in qtbase did try to solve this by disconnecting the senders when the objects were getting deleted. closeConnection() is called before the thread exits (from QDBusConnectionManager::run), so I don't know how there's still a BlockingQueuedConnection active.

  Is it possible that the service began being watched during destruction?

BRANCH
  master

EMAIL PREFERENCES