Autocorrection in framework

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Aug 31 22:58:28 UTC 2016

El dimecres, 31 d’agost de 2016, a les 22:33:29 CEST, Burkhard Lück va
escriure:
> Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2016, 08:48:58 CEST schrieb Kai Uwe Broulik:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sonnet maybe?
>
> Quoting Albert Astals Cid on kde-i18n-doc at kde.org:
> > That en_US.xml file doesn't belong to sonnet (at least not at the moment)
> >
> > Sonnet has nothing to do with the autocorrect feature.
> >
> > The problem is that both pim and calligra implement their own parsing of
> > that file
> > https://lxr.kde.org/source/calligra/calligra/plugins/textediting/
>
> autocorrection/Autocorrect.cpp#0771
>
> > https://lxr.kde.org/source/kde/pim/pimcommon/src/autocorrection/import/
>
> importkmailautocorrection.cpp#0035
>
> > so there's no "right" place for that file.
> >
> > What would make sense is move that parsing code to a framework and then
> > the
> > logical place for that en_US.xml file will be that very same framework.

To be clear I said sonnet was not the place to put the autocorrect en_US.xml
file *now* since sonnet knows nothing about it.

I'm not opossing to sonnet having that functionality if we agree it's the best
place for it to be in.

Cheers,
  Albert