Re: Jenkins-kde-ci: kdbusaddons master kf5-qt5 » Linux, gcc - Build # 11 - Still Unstable!

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Apr 24 23:02:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El dilluns, 25 d’abril de 2016, a les 9:05:58 CEST, Ben Cooksley va escriure:

>> > If we're talking about Qt commit 1b9d082b, that appears to already be in
>> > the 5.6 branch (though not dev). I'm not sure which the CI uses though,
>> > if it's not 5.6 or less then it is probably more work than its worth to
>> > try to downgrade (something I've run into too much myself).
>>
>> The CI system uses the 5.6 branch, from qt5.git.
>> I've now triggered a build, but as qt5.git hasn't been updated since
>> our last build I have no idea whether this will pull the relevant
>> commit in.
>
> Is there any special reason we inflict ourselves the pain of using qt5.git
> instead of the standalone repos?

Primarily to keep everything in sync, so others can reproduce the
version of Qt 5 we're using.
We could try to do everything repo by repo but it would be quite a bit
of time to setup.

Also, I'm not sure if Qt's build system is up to having each module in
it's own installation prefix (haven't tried though).

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Regards,
Ben