Re: Jenkins-kde-ci: kdbusaddons master kf5-qt5 » Linux, gcc - Build # 11 - Still Unstable!

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 08:48:17 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:09:00 PM CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:

>> > Hey guys,
>>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> > any chance to get this patch into our Qt build on the CI since it has been
>> > integrated upstream now? As it affects all tests that interact with DBus
>> > it
>> > would be nice to resolve this on the CI.
>>
>> We'll need upstream to update qt5.git (I think that's still required
>> for changes to fully flow through) I think.
>> We could try to hack the patch in, but then we'll end up having to
>> undo that in a few weeks time.
>
> Could we disable that ASAN check please[1]? I have two of my projects failing
> due to the DBus problem and one further failing due to a similar problem in
> QQuickStyleItem [2]. It's nice that we find errors, but I rather not have my
> tests fail due to errors in Qt.

That would just cover up the issue.
Also, it isn't that simple, as we already export ASAN_OPTIONS with a
different value, and changing that will break quite a lot more.

If QQuickStyleItem is broken as well, then the Qt developers need to
be asked to fix that as well then.

If it is that much of an issue, I suggest we simply do away with ASAN
testing altogether, as if our upstreams aren't going to bother with
it, it makes it pointless for us.

> Cheers
> Martin

Regards,