[KIO] cookie service and installing in a parallel prefix (/opt/local)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Apr 22 19:28:56 UTC 2016

On Friday 22 April 2016 20:57:55 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday April 22 2016 20:38:09 David Faure wrote:
>
> >> but the cookies KCM considers that the service isn't running? I'd expect something OS X-specific in the KCM if this didn't happen on Linux too.
> >
> >Ah, that was a bug.
> >Fixed -- http://commits.kde.org/kio/9a3ea2c54e8400b29183d2764f39c01d1892dace
>
> Fixed tonight ... somehow no one noticed this before?

Yep. A qt5/kf5 based konqueror isn't released yet, so who would need this yet...
(dunno about rekonq).

And only KHTML and QWebkit have KIO integration, QWebEngine doesn't ...
the browser situation is going downhill :(

> >Yep, unrelated. You could start debugging with:
> >kioclient5 cat http://www.kde.org
> "The file or folder http://www.kde.org/ does not exist."
>
> Setting *.*=true in qtlogging.ini doesn't tell me anything more.

Set it before starting kdeinit5, and watch kdeinit5 output.

(or export KDE_FORK_SLAVES=1 to get the kioslave started here rather than by kdeinit5)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5