[KIO] cookie service and installing in a parallel prefix (/opt/local)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:51:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm installing K*5 in a parallel prefix (/opt/local) that also includes Qt, on OS X and Linux. On OS X the DBus lives in there while on Linux (KUbuntu 14.04) I use the system's DBus which is configured to be aware of /opt/local/share too. This works for just about everything, but I cannot seem to get the cookie handler service to work on either platform. Kded5 is running (and is auto-started by `kcmshell5 cookies`) so that's not the issue. I do notice that kcookiejar5 exits immediately without forking when I start it manually.
Setting "*.*=true" in qtlogging.ini doesn't give me any useful additional information.

What can this be? I  presume that this service is functional and that the issue I'm having is thus probably related to installing the way I do?

Thanks,
R.