official guidelines on the install location of cmake modules?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:53:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

Re-post from the general KDE ML (sorry about that).

Is there any official set of guidelines/rules concerning where the cmake modules
that come with KDE libraries (incl. the frameworks) can be installed?

I've stumbled upon the importance of that location for at least 2 libraries
(grantlee and mobipocket); their cmake modules determine the installation prefix
dynamically, using the install location of those same modules. IOW, those
modules have to be installed into ${prefix}/lib/cmake and nowhere else.

Now I'm asking this mostly with KDE4 in mind (moving KDE4 cmake modules to
their own location where they cannot clash with KF5 versions), but as it turns out
the Qt5 version of grantlee continues to do the same thing.

Are those libraries misbehaving in this aspect, or am I as a packager trying to
do something that's not supported (meaning I'll have to identify each library
concerned and patch the files in question)?

Thanks,
René