Please add new versions on bugs.kde.org products on KF5 releases

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 9 16:33:33 UTC 2016

On Saturday 09 April 2016 17:04:06 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Though perhaps the versions should be added to bugs.kde.org on time or even
> before bumping the version number in the sources. Because developers who run
> from latest git master and find bugs would rely on the version number they see
> in the sources. So when saying "bug in 5.55.0" it should be clear to which
> history span of the sources this refers to. Especially as developers using
> latest git are possibly of the more active bug reporters?

They are, but I disagree with creating versions before they are released.
If you find a bug in git from after 5.54 and before 5.55, then you shouldn't
report the bug as a 5.55 bug. Because there might be a bugfix coming before
5.55 is out, and your bug report would really confuse the developers.

This is why I don't want to create 5.55 in bugzilla before it's officially released.
Even in the last week, git had 5.21.0-rc2 tags, but no 5.21, to leave the possibility
of a last minute critical bugfix getting into 5.21.0 final. If you start reporting bugs
during that week, there's the risk of the confusion described above.

> > One following issue remains:
> > there is no frameworks-krunner bugzilla product. There is a krunner product,
> > but it's not the same thing, it's not KF5-versionned.
>
> Possibly the plasma4 one.

No it also has plasma5 krunner, with version numbers going up to 5.6.2.
But that's not the KF5 numbering scheme (5.21 today), so we can't really
mix the two (krunner and frameworks-krunner) into the same bugzilla product.

> > Should we add one?
>
> IMHO each KDE product should have an own issue list, if we release it, so yes.
>
> > Who would be the maintainer? (the yaml file points to Vishesh).
>
> With KRunner I think of kbroulik these days :)

Kai, do you agree with being the frameworks-krunner maintainer (in bugzilla
and in the .yaml file) ?

Thanks,

Working on KDE Frameworks 5