kauth testing?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 07:29:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

KAuth doesn't come with anything but a few unittests that do not appear to attempt an actual authentication.
I build my K*5 stuff for installation into /opt/local, under OS X and under KUbuntu 14.04 (i.e. a KDE4 desktop). That excludes almost everything related to Plasma5 desktops and I only know of the kwallet kcm which is supposed to use KAuth to unlock the configuration settings ... something that as far as I understand the code was never implemented completely so I had to disable the feature with a patch in order to be able to use the kcm.

Now I installed smb4k git/master and see InvalidActionErrors each time I attempt to authenticate which of course raises the question if my KAuth build isn't broken.

Is there a simple test app I could download and use to test this?

Thanks,
René