Documentation on adding new Solid Backends

Lamarque Souza lamarque at kde.org
Mon Sep 14 13:12:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

The documentation is located in
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Solid_Tutorials. I am afraid
it is scarse and in some cases outdated. You can also take a look at
available backends in git://anongit.kde.org/solid/src/solid/devices/backends
as examples, specially udev and udisks2 backends. Basically your backend
must implement one or more interfaces from solid/src/solid/devices/ifaces.
For the network part of devd I do not think Solid has something that can
fit in now. Solid used to provide interface to manage network
(de)activation until Plasma 4.9, but not anymore. Our network applet
(Plasma NM) talks to NetworkManager throught NetworkManager-Qt framework
instead now. I am afraid you will need to implement a new applet (plasmoid)
to manage network (de)activation in FreeBSD if NetworkManager is not
available there.

Lamarque V. Souza

http://planetkde.org/pt-br