Review Request 125083: Move X11 related find_package under X11_FOUND

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Sep 13 10:20:49 UTC 2015

On Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:55:22 AM CEST David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2015 07:25:14 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > From our CI system:
> > cmake -DCMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_X11=TRUE
>
> I was just looking at problems in the CI right now, and it seems this was
> set for kwindowsystem even on Linux ?
>
> I found
> CMakeCache.txt:CMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_X11:UNINITIALIZED=TRUE
> at jenkins at LinuxNode2:~/builds/kwindowsystem/stable-kf5-qt5/build
> which breaks users of kwindowsystem (e.g. knotifications, which finds X11
> itself and then tries to use NETWinInfo)
>
> Seems like a bug in the CI scripts? X11 should not be disabled on... X11 ;)

We have a feature matrix for kwindowsystem on the CI system. There is one
build with X11 disabled (to test that it actually builds on Linux without it)
and one with all enabled. What should be installed for other frameworks to
rely on is of course the version with X11 enabled[1].

Cheers
Martin

[1]: Totally awesome would be to have the complete stack being ensured to
compile with and without X11 support if a framework has it optional.