Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Oct 26 18:06:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Christoph Cullmann
<cullmann at absint.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> hat am 23. Oktober 2015 um 19:46 geschrieben:
>>> For Krita, we decided ages ago to simply open a browser on the userbase
>>> manual of Krita. Yes, it is conceivable that there are people who use
>>> Krita without internet access who still need help, it's just not very
>>> likely. About one complaint, maybe two in the past couple of years.
>> umbrello installer also uses a khelpcenter online replacement to access umbrello
>> documentation from the internet instead of a local installation (see
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=windows%3Amingw%3Awin32&package=mingw32-khelpcenter-online)
>> Currently it is limited to umbrello, but could be easily extended. klauncher
>> and dbus is required to launch it from the help menu.
>> Ralf
>
> I would tend to just http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qdesktopservices.html with the url to the offline copy or online page.
>
> No dbus nor klauncher nor extra bundled application needed.
> Perhaps that can be even done by magic in the frameworks ;=)

I made a fast patch that implements this, maybe it will work.
Feedback welcome: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125815/

I'm feeling a bit unsecure because I'm not really sure how the url
works on docs.kde.org side of things, but looks promising.

Aleix