Naming scheme for Qt5/KF5-based libraries outside of KF5

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:53:25 UTC 2015

Hi David,

> Naming: "experimental" sounds like "it will be a framework at some point, when it
> stabilizes". Maybe we should say "internal" either, i.e. used internally by apps
> and workspace, don't use outside of that. Which still doesn't prevent a framework
> tagged "internal" from turning a proper public framework later.
>
> Maybe the "experimental" or "internal" should even be part of the tarball name
> and distro package names, to make really sure app developers see that.

Sounds good, I'm only worried about users/developers disregarding
these libraries because they have "experimental" in their names, even
though they may have been around and work OK for 5+ years already.

We still need some distinct naming scheme/namespace for kf5-experimental, right?

--
Alexander Potashev