Policy for Dependencies

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 13 22:30:50 UTC 2015

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> El Wednesday 14 October 2015, a les 00:07:10, Jaroslaw Staniek va escriure:

>> Your view may be different, more workspace-related, your definition of
>> portability may be different too. I am looking at code that uses KF5
>> as a Qt code in the first place. Qt does not ignore design decisions
>> of supported OSes, why would KF5 do this?
>
> dbus here was just an example, as was phonon.
>
> What i was trying to say is that having a global ECM_BUILD_FOR_OSX_APPBUNDLE
> in a framework is a bad idea since it makes the decision about the things i
> want to include in the framework binary, you either get all the features or
> none.

Exactly, it's the same for kdoctools itself. One thing is disable it in each
Frameworks to not build the bundled documentation. If you remove it globally,
you kill the possibility of having functional help (which is *not* a workspace
thing, despite khelpcenter being distributed with Plasma, but it should really
be outside).

Ciao
--
Luigi