Re: Jenkins-kde-ci: kio master kf5-qt5 » Linux,gcc - Build # 119 - Still Unstable!

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:20:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

> GENERAL INFO
>
> BUILD UNSTABLE
> Build URL: https://build.kde.org/job/kio%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/119/
> Project: PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc
> Date of build: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 12:34:13 +0000
> Build duration: 14 min
>
> CHANGE SET
> Revision 4f464d4ade465ad009758d12908f72189953c4f1 by scripty: (SVN_SILENT made messages (.desktop file) - always resolve ours)
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/TextFile.desktop
>   change: edit src/widgets/konqpopupmenuplugin.desktop
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/linkProgram.desktop
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/linkPath.desktop
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/linkURL.desktop
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/Directory.desktop
>   change: edit src/new_file_templates/HTMLFile.desktop
>

> JUNIT RESULTS
>
> Name: (root) Failed: 1 test(s), Passed: 45 test(s), Skipped: 0 test(s), Total: 46 test(s)Failed: TestSuite.kiofilewidgets-knewfilemenutest

it looks like this test failure has something to do with my recent
commit that added the "new file" templates. I cannot reproduce it
locally though. The log at

https://build.kde.org/job/kio%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/119/testReport/%28root%29/TestSuite/kiofilewidgets_knewfilemenutest/

indicates that the test tries to use klauncher, which is not running
on the server. klauncher is part of kinit, which is apparently not a
dependency of kio, maybe this is the problem?

The last successful executions of the test simply skipped it, see, e.g.,

https://build.kde.org/job/kio%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/117/testReport/%28root%29/TestSuite/kiofilewidgets_knewfilemenutest/

At first sight, it looks to me like the test might be broken because
it relies on stuff that kio does not officially depend on. It was just
not noticed before because KNewFileMenu did not work at all because of
the missing templates, such that the test was skipped.

Does anyone see a good way to fix this without disabling the test?

Thanks,
Frank