QSP patch/activator (Review Request 126125: [OS X] make KDE's trash use the OS X trash)

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sat Nov 28 21:04:54 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-28 19:25, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Saturday November 28 2015 15:29:00 David Faure wrote:
>> Otherwise, the next best idea is to get ECM to add your activator to
>> all link lines
>> automatically, e.g. by adding it to CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS or
>> whatever.
>> This for sure beats editing every link line, or trying to guess which
>> frameworks
>> are going to be "used by everyone".
>
> I agree. Full heartedly even. But when I put out a query for
> suggestion how to accomplish this on k-f-d the only feedback I got
> could be summarised as "not interested in such a use case".
> But how certain is it that all candidates that should use the
> activator indeed use the ECM?

Well, it's about more than just using ECM. Which bit of ECM? This would
probably come under something like KDECompilerSettings or some such.

When you asked about something in ECM previously, I was under the
impression you were asking about something like the old kde4_add_app (or
whatever it was called) macro, which ECM doesn't have an equivalent of
(and I'm not keen on adding such a thing). I'll admit that using
built-in CMake functionality like CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS hadn't occurred
to me as an alternative.

I'd be fine with adding something to KDECompilerSettings as long you had
to explicitly ask for it to be enabled when running CMake. But if you're
doing that, why not set CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_INIT directly on the
CMake command line, or use the LDFLAGS env var? I assume this could all
be done as part of the macports build process fairly easily, and that
would seem to make most sense, given this is a macports-centric thing.

Alex