setting default widgetStyle (and ColorScheme)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:58:47 UTC 2015

Olivier Goffart wrote:

> A pure KF5 appliation would anyway use the KDE platform theme plugin provided
> by KDE Frameworks.  (in frameworkintegration)
> (So in other words: that code should not be executed when kde frameworks is
> installed, in theory)

So... No, it doesn't. Not on OS X when using the default QPA plugin (Cocoa).
>From the looks of it that one lacks support for theme plugins. Or rather, it
doesn't return the appropriate thing(s) from
QGuiApplicationPrivate::platform_integration->themeNames().

Now the question is, should KF5 applications be able to use the KDE platform
theme plugin provided by kf5-frameworkintegration if that framework is
installed? If that is the case, there's what I'd consider a bug in Qt.

I do have a question in this context: is there a way to determine the platform
theme that's being used, at runtime? The Cocoa QPA provides certain features
like using a menu "under" an application's Dock icon which only work with the
Cocoa ("aqua") platform plugin; the methods in the Cocoa QPA should thus check
if that's the active platform plugin to avoid crashing (if a simple nullptr
check doesn't suffice).

R.