setting default widgetStyle (and ColorScheme)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:31:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

Apologies is this is a bit off-topic:
How does one set/define the default widgetStyle for KF5 applications? I'm now at the point where have been able to build a style (QtCurve), and can request it via the --style argument when launching the few example applications I have (not kdebugdialog5 though). The `--style kde` version also works as expected.

However, they use the default Qt theme otherwise, despite the presence of 2 widgetStyle=qtcurve entries (General and KDE groups) in ~/.config/kdeglobals, which appear to do the trick on Linux.

Am I missing something here, or is this a general issue due to Qt's decision to axe the global settings formerly accessible through QtConfig? I was really hoping to be able to define a widget style to be used by default in KF5 applications.

Thanks,
René