kxmlgui: klanguageoverridesrc format

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 13 21:10:07 UTC 2015

On Friday 13 November 2015 18:18:21 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> KXmlGui currently uses QSettings in NativeFormat to write klanguageoverridesrc .
> On OS X, that means it will become a binary XML file called
> klanguageoverridesrc.plist, which I personally find undesirable. I think that
> the effect is even larger on MS Windows.
>
> On Linux, NativeFormat and IniFormat are identical and (possibly?) only differ
> in the file extension.

Ah interesting, I didn't know the extension was different. It is indeed.
But IMHO we can live with the one-time migration issue for this setting.

> Is there a reason not to replace QSettings::NativeFormat with
> QSettings::IniFormat on all platforms?

Kévin wrote this code in ed10e3fd484570, the main point was to switch from KConfig to QSettings
for this particular setting. NativeFormat is clearly just an accident there, feel free to change it.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5