KGlobalAccel on ~Linux?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:04:35 UTC 2015

Martin Graesslin wrote:

>> "No such object path '/org/kde/kglobalaccel'"

Actually, I'm seeing this exact same error when I build kglobalaccel and
dependencies with the same install prefix and options (except any platform-
specific ones of course) on Linux. I presume that this corresponds to a file not
being found, presumably in share/kservices5 or share/dbus-1 ?

I have

  /opt/local/share/dbus-1/interfaces/kf5_org.kde.KGlobalAccel.xml
  /opt/local/share/dbus-1/interfaces/kf5_org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component.xml
  /opt/local/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kglobalaccel.service
  /opt/local/share/kservices5/kglobalaccel5.desktop

I can imagine that the session dbus doesn't look in /opt/local by default on
Linux (guess I'll have to look into that), but it does on OS X (part of
MacPorts).

R.