KGlobalAccel on ~Linux?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:54:01 UTC 2015

Martin Graesslin wrote:

> because nobody ported it to Qt's new native event filter. I would love to see
> this enabled again for the non Linux platforms.

Hmm, I see. That's something I should look into then, if I find its
functionality is indeed lacking. I know kglobalaccel4 works and gets started
when apparently needed, but I actually do not know what it's used for ... :)

After applying my (committed!) patch from KDE4 that ensures the daemon runs as
an "agent", the autotest succeeds (and starts the KDE4 kglobalaccel).
However, starting kglobalaccel5 directly gives

$ /opt/local/bin/kglobalaccel5
Could not find drkonqi at /opt/local/lib/libexec/drkonqi
"No such object path '/org/kde/kglobalaccel'"

which seems like it has nothing to do with a missing backend or however you'd
want to call it.

R.