Build and test failures with Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.3

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 09:22:13 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 08:34:02 CET, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Yes, most tests don't require a WM. Especially the Net* tests
> simulate being a
> window manager. Only the KWindow* tests need a window manager.

Interesting; it was a Heisenbug, apparently. I cannot reproduce it anymore,
but I've added code which at least prints out a warning if the Xvfb and/or
openbox dies for some reason.

> Well for me there is not much to do. I don't get them failing
> on my system, so
> I have no clue what I should fix to make them work again.

I believe that the CI system and the tests together should be designed to
provide enough diagnostic information. If you as a developer say "I cannot
reproduce it on my system, therefore I cannot help you", what can I do as a
CI administrator to improve the situation? Should we perhaps reduce the
number of CI-specific scripting to make the deployments closer to what the
developers run? Would you like pre-built VM images?

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/