rocs fails to compile? - was -Re: KDE Applications 15.08.3 available for packagers

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 11:11:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-09 08:18, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 08 November 2015 22:21:18 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> Does anybody have problems building rocs?
>>
>> It builds fine here but CI complains
>>
>> https://build.kde.org/job/rocs%20Applications-15.08%20stable-kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/16/console
>>
>> Maybe it fails with KF 5.16? Can anyone using that give a try to
>> compile rocs from the Applications/15.08 branch?
>
> It builds fine for me (from git, both master and Applications/15.08)
> with KF 5.16 and  Qt 5.6.
>
> And the json file mentionned in the error message does get generated
> in the builddir.
>
> It looks like it's a dependency problem: I tried on the CI node, and
> it fails with -j8 because
> the json file doesn't get generated before moc needs it. If I type
> make again, everything's fine.
>
> cmake 3.2.2
> Qt 5.4.3
>
> Locally I have cmake 3.4.0-rc3, dunno if this is the issue.

I've just tried locally with CMake 3.2.2, and it seems to generate the
correct Makefile code (you can have a look at
libgraphtheory/fileformats/tgf/CMakeFiles/tgffileformat_automoc.dir/build.make
and see that tgffileformat_automoc depends on tgffileformat.json).

The Qt version *should* be irrelevant - the generation of this bit of
Makefile should be dependent only on CMake itself and the
desktop_to_json macro from KCoreAddons.

Alex